What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps for a rennaisance man?

JackBookPro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for apps for the modern day well rounded, studied, and talented man. I am looking for apps to teach me things, teach me to do things better, or simply help me learn/study. Anything, and everything. Please share with me any apps with have served this purpose in your life, and what you liked, or didn't like about them.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Rosetta Stone language apps. Just enough to make you think you can actually learn the language, and only 99 cents each.

USA Manual and Presidents, know your country, well, if it is your country. Other countries probably have their own apps. If not, they should.

The Elements: Fun facts and pictures of the elements. The most beautiful table of elements in the known universe.

Star Walk, just where is your sign anyway?

Knot Guide HD, for those times when you have to explain what you meant about being all tied up.

KhanAcademy (for iPhone, but worth it anyway. Can also be found in iTunes U) This one works slightly better on the iPad than the Khan Academy, even if they have the way cooler icon. Free lessons for just about any course you slept through from grade school to first year college.

iScience, for the math formulas you've forgotten.

ArtRage, what kind of renaissance man can't paint?

Seline HD and/or Garageband think of them as a modern day lutes, with training wheels.

TED or TED+SUB, be familiar with some of the most forward thinking and creative ideas in the world.

OP
J

JackBookPro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you twerppoet! These are the exact kind of things I am looking for. I appreciate the guidance.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Would add the following to Twerps masterly listing
The Browser
Art Authority
Zite when customised
Instapaper you'll need it.
Also don't forget iTunes University

Most reactions

Latest posts