What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps crashing

ArtesianWell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! Sorry if there is already a thread for this. I'm new here and am not exactly sure how all this works. I have the ipad 3, 32gb wifi model. I am having an issue with some apps just closing out in the middle of me using it. When I reopen it, it goes back to the screen I was at, but I have no idea why they are shutting off on their own. I thought crashing was a windows problem, not Mac :) Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides. <3

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome to iPF!

Perhaps you should close apps running in the background. There are two possibilities to do it:

Either press Home Button twice or Four finger swipe up the screen to reveal the multitask bar.

Long press on any app in the list until a minus sign appears.

Touch the minus sign on each app to close it.

Four finger swipe down the screen to return to normal.

OP
ArtesianWell

ArtesianWell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome to iPF!

Perhaps you should close apps running in the background. There are two possibilities to do it:

Either press Home Button twice or Four finger swipe up the screen to reveal the multitask bar.

Long press on any app in the list until a minus sign appears.

Touch the minus sign on each app to close it.

Four finger swipe down the screen to return to normal.

I always have my apps closed out if I'm not using them to save battery. So it's just the app I'm using that is active when this crashing happens. And thanks for the welcome :)

Most reactions

Latest posts