What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps closing

Kimnkaci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me on here.ive got a few apps on my iPad one of them being candy crush.last night I updated candy crush then went to play on it and it randomly closed.ive tried deleting it and downloading it again but still won't work any ideas please??

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me on here.ive got a few apps on my iPad one of them being candy crush.last night I updated candy crush then went to play on it and it randomly closed.ive tried deleting it and downloading it again but still won't work any ideas please??

Hi, welcome to iPF!

This seems to be a known issue at the moment. There are many people facing the same problem, not only on iDevices, also on Android devices...
There's a Candy Crush Saga Forum, perhaps you'll find help there.

Other suggestions:
Reset your iPad: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears.
Force close apps: double tap the Home button to reveal the multitask bar. There, tap and hold an app until it starts to wiggle. Then delete all apps there.
Restart your iPad: turn it off, then on again.

OP
K

Kimnkaci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not just candy crush its doing it with its a few apps its driving me mad now.ill try resetting everything n try again thank you for your help

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's not just candy crush its doing it with its a few apps its driving me mad now.ill try resetting everything n try again thank you for your help

Please tell us how you get on. Positive or negative feedback is useful.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk.

OP
K

Kimnkaci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried everything.ive reset everything I've deleted apps & downloaded them again and still nothing.everything on my iPad is updated.i asked a friend who's good with IPads n they reckon its coz its an update clash and just to wait till another update is available.im sp annoyed with it now

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried everything.ive reset everything I've deleted apps & downloaded them again and still nothing.everything on my iPad is updated.i asked a friend who's good with IPads n they reckon its coz its an update clash and just to wait till another update is available.im sp annoyed with it now

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Your friend is correct. It's only when new updates are released that problems do come to light and then it's just a matter of time before the Developers release another update to fix this bug.

Getting in touch with the Developer is the way to go, just let them know what you are experiencing.

A lot of apps will be receiving updates now in preparation for the upgrade to IOS 7.....we may just see a teething period with some apps.

OP
K

Kimnkaci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't mean to sound bait thick here but how do I contact the developer?its happened with another app n it's the same company as candy crush

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you search for "FAQ candy crush saga - King" (browser), you'll be directed to a site with a link to contact support.

Sometimes you get a link to the developer when you open the app, somewhere in it's settings/more... (Different titles are possible.)
Hth

Last edited:
OP
K

Kimnkaci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've emailed them n they told me to reset my iPad which I have n nothing's working if that didn't work try deleting app n reinstalling it which I've done n nothing,so the next thing for me to do is just wait for a new update n see what happens

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've emailed them n they told me to reset my iPad which I have n nothing's working if that didn't work try deleting app n reinstalling it which I've done n nothing,so the next thing for me to do is just wait for a new update n see what happens

They've given you the usual steps if something does go wrong with an app......I sure hope you're not waiting very long for the next update to fix this.

Just thought I'd let you know of something else you could try......If your app has been backed up to iTunes on your computer and has not been updated there as yet, you can go back to the earlier version of the app. Just something to consider.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/38854-revert-previous-version-app.html

Most reactions

Latest posts