What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps closing down

sandoz64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad air is running on ios9.0.2 It has started closing apps for no reason. I have tried a reset but it still happens. Doesnt seem to matter how many apps are open, it will still close things down. Any advice on what i should try?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My ipad air is running on ios9.0.2 It has started closing apps for no reason. I have tried a reset but it still happens. Doesnt seem to matter how many apps are open, it will still close things down. Any advice on what i should try?
Try Settings>General>Auto-Lock and then check "Never".
Andrew

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The above behaviour could be the result of downloading something large, in the background, while using another app. E.g. When I download a map for a navigation app, of say 2GB, Safari and Mercury, plus a few other apps drop out when I use them. End the download and normal stability is resumed. Just a thought.

As the apps are sandboxed I wondered if there is something up with iOS download handshaking, or similar.

OP
S

sandoz64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The above behaviour could be the result of downloading something large, in the background, while using another app. E.g. When I download a map for a navigation app, of say 2GB, Safari and Mercury, plus a few other apps drop out when I use them. End the download and normal stability is resumed. Just a thought.

As the apps are sandboxed I wondered if there is something up with iOS download handshaking, or similar.
Nothing downloading that i know of. I'll have a look at the handshake. What does sandboxed mean?

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sandboxed: all ios apps are ring fenced/ isolated from each other. If something causes one app to crash or perhaps be infected by something nasty, no other apps will be affected.

Edit: >>I'll have a look at the handshake
What I was referring to is hidden from us users inside ios; nothing we can do anything about.

Hopefully the other suggestions above have resolved your problem.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts