What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps close by itself, need help, must...stop...this

sololist_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apps close by itself is very annoying. I dunno what to do about it. Is there any apps that can help me through this?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If an app shuts down by itself it is an indication that you are using all of your iPad's RAM and it is struggling to manage the memory effectively. The best solution is to ensure you have fully closed (not just backgrounded) all apps which you are not currently using.

To do this, double tap the home button so that the switcher bar appears at the bottom of the screen. Then hold any one of the icons until they all start to wiggle. Now press the "X" on each icon to fully close it and remove it from memory.
Once the list is clear you should find that the apps you are using will not shut themselves down. Whilst IOS has very good memory management, when too many things are in the background it can struggle to manage memory effectively, so it is worth clearing out the apps from the switcher from time to time if this starts to happen.

Hope that helps.

OP
S

sololist_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
God thank you u save my life it bugged me for three days already. I gonna kill myself if the damn app shut down again when I am doing presentations(maybe my boss will do that for me = = )

Most reactions