What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps available for ipad but not for ipad mini?

Sewing Gal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iphone and I want some of the same apps that are on it on my new ipad mini. One apps is called Everything (list app). When I go into itunes store it says screenshot and has a button for iphone and a button for ipad so you can see what it would look like on each. I can only assume it's available for both iphone and ipads. It says it's downloaded but I can't pul it up on my ipad. I went to the itunes store on my ipad mini and typed in everything and it comes up under the iphone tab at the top but not the ipad tab. This isn't the only app I'm having the same problem with. Do the developers need to do something so it will work on the mini ipads not just the ipads? I've tried everything I can think of with no success. Has anyone else figured this out?

Thanks
Lisa

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not really sure what you're doing here but I have hundreds of apps downloaded to my mini...all ipad apps load as well as iphone apps. Not all apps have both an iPhone and an iPad version...some run on both.

I see this app under iPad as well as iPHone.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go to your home screen and scroll to the leftmost one. Type everything to the search box. Note the folder for the location of the app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
From what I can see it's a mistake on the developer's part. They should not have enabled the iPad screen shot option. If you look, you'll see that the iPad screen shots are not from an iPad. They are just a different set of iPhone screenshots.

Nothing else in the descriptions suggests that this is a universal app (optimized for both the iPad and iPhone), and clicking on the developer's name in iTunes on the computer shows no iPad specific version among their other apps.

You can still use the iPhone version on you iPad Mini. It won't look great, but at least not as bad as it would look on a full sized iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts