Apps aren't installing

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Ribena, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Ribena

Ribena iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Whenever I try and download and install an app, it will say "waiting" and then say "installing" the waiting part is Fine but when it gets to the installing part it's like my iPad freezes and it won't work ( the app) and so I end up having to turn off my iPad and turning it back on or else the app would be stuck there. Is my iPad broken ? Does and anyone else have thus problem ? Does anyone know how to fix it?
    Thanks,
    Ribena xxx

2. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,298 / 1
    Hi Ribena--

What version are you running on your iPad? Have you tried to force close the apps to quit it? Let us know. You may need to close out some of your apps in the background to free up some ram.

Also:

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad (original-New), Acessories, Apps, Help, and Apple News.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
    Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5 Guideline Manual. iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please do not forget to read the Rules!
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
  3. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,370 / 0
    Hi and welcome to the Forum!

We seem to be getting a lot of problems with downloading and updating apps lately. Have you updated your iPad recently to the new version, as apps coming through now will have been updated and you could run into problems here if you haven't.

2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html

Enjoy!