What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

apps and volume

fagani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,
i don't understand why sometimes the apps downloaded don't produce any sound ( see real piano, 9 mm, PES 2011 and 2012, water)
i tried to delete them and toninstall them again but without success

any help?

thanks a lot/Fabio

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Most likely you've managed to mute the iPad. Normally this only affects systems sounds, alerts, notifications and such, but sometimes app developers code their apps incorrectly and they are also muted.

In Settings > General > Use Side Switch to: you can either set it to Mute or Screen lock. This is the switch next to the volume rocker. If it is set to Mute try turning the switch off. If it is set to set to Lock Screen, then you need to turn Mute off in the multitask bar.

To get to the multitask bar double tap the home button. Drag your finger left to right in the bar to get the controls, where you will see either a Mute icon or Screen Lock icon; the opposite of whatever the switch is set to.

OP
F

fagani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you Tweerppoet
the flag is on mute, should i flag the lock screen case or whatelse?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is up to you. What are you most likely to use the most often. Assign that to the switch.

When you do the other you'll just have to go through the multitask bar.

Hold in mind that Mute only stops systems sounds, and poorly designed apps. If you want to turn off all sound just hold the volume down button for a couple seconds.

Most reactions

Latest posts