What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps and Browser Closes

Loreta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the past couple of weeks my iPad 1 has been closing the browser or any apps I happen to be using. Lately it's been happening more often. Does anyone know why this is happening....

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does the apps close right after you click to open them ? If that is the case you probably just did a sync. How I fix it is to download a small free app and that seems to fix it till I sync next time.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have not done so lately, restart the iPad.

It's also not a bad idea to clear Safari's cookies and data now and then. You'll find that under Settings > Safari.

iOS 5 is also showing a slightly higher rate of crashes and app problems than iOS 4; especially on the iPad 1. This will probably smooth out with additional updates to iOS.

Here are the other, usual, fixes for iPad and app problems; in case you don't know about them, or haven't tried them yet.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
L

Loreta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried them all and it helped for awhile... Things seem a bit better this morning, so far and I'm crossing my fingers!!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apple recommends that you restart the iPad at least once a month, or more often if needed. If you've got to do it once a month you're fine, once a week is no big deal, once a day and you've got a problem to worry about; though it may only be a problem app.

OP
L

Loreta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll try it that way and see if the problem persists. I'll start off with once ever 2 weeks and see how it goes... Thanks

kkay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you!

thank you very much for the information. it helped me and the ipad seems to be working properly now. Much thanks to you!

Most reactions