What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Applying password protection to Numbers spreadsheet

acw2606

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to apply password protection to an individual spreadsheet in Numbers?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No. I'm not aware of any other spreadsheet app that will do this either, though I'm not familiar withe the other main office suite apps, so I could be wrong.

OP
A

acw2606

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I would need to set password protection on the iPad then and prevent general access.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That would be your best bet if you need to protect files that you need to be able to open and edit.

There are several file managers, including GoodReader, that will allow you to password protect files and/or folders. That only works inside the app though, so you would not be able to edit the file. You would be able to view it though. I believe GoodReader supports viewing Numbers files, but if it does not you can always export them as PDF.

Most reactions