What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Applocker or similar apps compatibility for iOS 9.0.2

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AppLocker has not yet been updated for iOS 9 - though I am sure the developer is hard at work on an update.

There is another tweak that can "lock down" apps and such called "BioProtect." It HAS been updated to work on iOS 9. It is a paid tweak, so it's $2.99. But, from what I read about it (I don't need/use an app lock), it's supposed to work well.

So, you can either wait for AppLocker to get updated or get this other tweak. There may be other tweaks but these are the only I am familiar with.

Good luck with your decision.

Marilyn

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you Marilyn.

I might wait as applocker is free ;-)

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I've managed to JB on iOS 9.0.2 on my kids iPad 2 , thanks to the help provided above.
I'm interested in JB-ing my older iPad 2 as well. I'm still on iOS 7. What issues did you have and to what help are you referring?
thanks

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I already JB my phone using Pangu, I thought there were more complicated problems that one may encounter on an older iPad.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually mate pangu wouldn't pick up my iPad and kept saying failed to update with greyed out start box , here is what I done to fix this after an hour of frustration
Run pangu as admin
Manually boot up iTunes
Plug in iPad
Turn off iTunes
Should connect

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there anywhere I can keep track on when Applocker will be released ?

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AppLocker has not yet been updated for iOS 9 - though I am sure the developer is hard at work on an update.

There is another tweak that can "lock down" apps and such called "BioProtect." It HAS been updated to work on iOS 9. It is a paid tweak, so it's $2.99. But, from what I read about it (I don't need/use an app lock), it's supposed to work well.

So, you can either wait for AppLocker to get updated or get this other tweak. There may be other tweaks but these are the only I am familiar with.

Good luck with your decision.

Marilyn

Also I just realised I don't think IPAD 2 has touch ID on it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your best bet would be to regularly check the repo you download it from to see if the description states it is now iOS 9 compatable.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also I just realised I don't think IPAD 2 has touch ID on it.

You are correct. Only the latest iPad models have Touch ID on them: the iPad Air 2, and the iPad Mini 3 . The iPad Pro and Mini 4 will also have Touch ID when they come out sometime next month.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And - it doesn't matter as BioProtect will also run on non-TouchID iPads. You'll just have to create and use a passcode instead of using your fingerprint.

Tho I do see the attraction for waiting on a free tweak... :)

Marilyn

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And - it doesn't matter as BioProtect will also run on non-TouchID iPads. You'll just have to create and use a passcode instead of using your fingerprint.

Tho I do see the attraction for waiting on a free tweak... :)

Marilyn
Oh I didn't know you can use passcode on it , thought it was only Touch ID, thank you kindly.

sh500

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bioprotect seems to work well on the ipad 2 (ios 9.0.2). Biolocker though was crashing, at least when locking Chrome, as a test.

Most reactions

Latest posts