What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Applocker or similar apps compatibility for iOS 9.0.2

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, I've managed to JB on iOS 9.0.2 on my kids iPad 2 , thanks to the help provided above.

Previously I had app locker installed so my child cannot get into cydia app or safari etc, by putting them in a folder locking this with a passcode and also pass coding the apps in there aswell.

When I look for applocker is says unable to purchase, this product is not supported on your iOS, yet reading Google etc it looks like it should be available on this iOS?

Can someone advise why I cannot download this, what I could do to download it or use something similar, please help as don't want my child getting near certain apps their iPad, many many thanks.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried contacting the app developer? He's the only one that can ensure that his app is compatible with iOS 9.0.2.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No don't know how to Scifan, how do I do that and do you know another way I could passcode certain apps please, perhaps through apples iOS itself ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In iOS, you can't passcode individual apps unless the app developer has built it into his app. There's also no way to put apps into a folder and add a passcode to it unless your iPad is jailbroken.

When you go to the app locker listing in the repo, is there any information on how to contact the developer in the description?

In regards to Safari, you can go to Settings>General>Restrictions and turn off Safari. This will remove it from the home screen and prevent it's use. Just make sure your son does not have the restrictions passcode for the iPad.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll have a look now and many thanks for the info provided.

I'll come back and let you know, it's an iPad 2 running JB pangu on ios9.0.2.

Would dearly love some advice if there is another way to do this through a cydia tweak.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I found an email to ask about installation problems thank you so much.

In the meantime is there anything you know that I could use to lock folders and apps on an iPad 2 , pangu jailbroken iOS 9.0.2

Thanks again ;-)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't use any such apps or tweaks on my iPads as I'm the only user and have no need of them. Maybe one of our members who hasn't yet seen this thread will be able to help.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you I do hope so, thanks for your time ;-) fingers crossed ;-)

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there somewhere else I could post this question on the forum to attract more attention?

If so where would be best to post please

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Jailbreaking section, which is where you posted, is the best place to post. Any members interested or involved in Jailbreaking will regularly check the posts here.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Should or can I start a new thread on applocker itself as the subject on this post is about jailbreak and not an app?

Am I aloud to do this ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Should or can I start a new thread on applocker itself as the subject on this post is about jailbreak and not an app?

Am I aloud to do this ?
There's no need to do anything. I've moved all the posts about Applocker to their own thread.

BTW, only one thread per topic or question is allowed so as not to confuse the issue.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you for the above although sorry as I am being a noob now .

Are you saying you have moved my questions to another thread and where is this other thread ?

If there is an applocker thread surely I should use that ? No ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the above although sorry as I am being a noob now .

Are you saying you have moved my questions to another thread and where is this other thread ?

If there is an applocker thread surely I should use that ? No ?
I moved the posts to their own thread, this one. I believe that this is the only thread concerned with the iOS 9.0.2 compatibility of the applocker jailbroken app.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you kindly, I am on my phone and did not notice this was new thread you have created , much appreciated ;/)

Most reactions

Latest posts