What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AppleTV?

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you col.bris for setting up a forum for us ATV users. I purchased the original when it came out put in a 160GB HDD and jail broke it to maximize it's potential. I just recently bought a second gen ATV and before I plugged it in and hooked it up to the tv I jail broke it. There is a great interest in these devices and they can be a little difficult to set up. I can see a numb of people needing help with ssh and also add ons like xbox media center just to mane two.

Thanks again.

foothillfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I posted this on the iPad help before I found the Apple TV discussion group: How do you delete Photostream from Apple TV? I did already delete all photos in Photostream on iCloud, however they all appear to remain on Apple TV. Thanks!

johnfw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like appletv for viewing photos from my computer (PC ugh) but seem to have failed with getting it to find and play a rented movie from either my PC or iPad. What am i doing wrong here please? it recognizes the PC but not the ipad.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like appletv for viewing photos from my computer (PC ugh) but seem to have failed with getting it to find and play a rented movie from either my PC or iPad. What am i doing wrong here please? it recognizes the PC but not the ipad.
Could you clarify " recognize the iPad "?

The one sure way of watching pictures on AppleTV from iPad is to set them on iCloud. Once there it's a breeze to find the right menu to access the pictures on the cloud. Give me a while and I'll write back to give you the right sequence of menus...

To watch a movie from iPad start one then when you're in the playing window tap the screen to show the Movie vitals and tap on the little AirPlay icon in the bottom right corner. A pop up asks on which device of the home share to play that movie.

Most reactions

Latest posts