What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Appletv to smart tv

szosco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to the ipf, forgive any errors on my part.

I have successfully linked my appletv to my new Samsung smart tv for viewing my iTunes library.

My question:how can I link my iPad apps to be viewed on the TV, Apps such as games?

I read somewhere about "AirPlay" but need direction on how to proceed.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to the ipf, forgive any errors on my part.

I have successfully linked my appletv to my new Samsung smart tv for viewing my iTunes library.

My question:how can I link my iPad apps to be viewed on the TV, Apps such as games?

I read somewhere about "AirPlay" but need direction on how to proceed.

If the Apple TV is on the same network as your iPad, the iPad will see the Apple TV. When you play something, there is this little bluish icon that looks like a rectangular tv screen with an up arrow under it. You press it and whatever you are doing on the iPad will go to the Apple TV and then play on your Samsung.

Look at this image:

Attachments

• image-2921315908.jpg
    image-2921315908.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 193
OP
S

szosco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the Apple TV is on the same network as your iPad, the iPad will see the Apple TV. When you play something, there is this little bluish icon that looks like a rectangular tv screen with an up arrow under it. You press it and whatever you are doing on the iPad will go to the Apple TV and then play on your Samsung.

Look at this image:

Thanks, I did get it to work...so cool!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPad forums szosco, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 294,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum. We also have this tutorial to help you get full use from the iPad forums app. http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html We ask that all members take the time to review the Forum rules before posting.

Most reactions

Latest posts