What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apples time servers

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both my iPad and iPhone are (were) set to set the time automatically. I noticed over the last few days that they have both been consistently running about 5 minutes fast. Does anybody know is Apple are having problems with their time servers?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I've noticed similar on my iDevices. I use four daily and they're all set to auto-time, but they're all a minute or two apart. That's been the case for a long time. Goofy, but I've not sweated it.

OP
K

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I minute or so I don't mind. 5 minutes I do.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have noticed that each devise has it's own internal clock .so I can send an email and it is received before it was sent ??? True
Thought my wi if was delaying mail .but this is the out come after much experimenting.
I phones computers iPads all have there own time clock.so if one is set 4 minutes earlier than another the times messages are sent and received are all over the place?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope! My iPad is 5 seconds slower than the London Greenwich Mean Time. Although I have to say it was synchronised when it was updated with IOS5.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts