What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apples own google app

Gremlin56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, if you use the google app in apples App Store, can you download any apps you find to your ipad, without getting any viruses or anything else. Also when browsing through google can you download other stuff, and you ipad will be safe.

When you join iTunes and sync content from your PC , can you choose to download only selected photographs, or does it download all of them to your ipad.

Another question you can buy gift cards for apple apps and also for iTunes apps. Is there a difference.

Thanks from a newbie he gremlin 56:)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, if you use the google app in apples App Store, can you download any apps you find to your ipad, without getting any viruses or anything else. Also when browsing through google can you download other stuff, and you ipad will be safe.

No. The only place you can download apps from is the App Store. You can make links to online "web apps" by using Google, but you can't get 'real" apps from that online browsing session. And, unless you have a jail broken iPad, you can't download "other stuff" either on the iPad. You can save pictures and PDFs, but that's about it. For example, you can't download programs and such.

When you join iTunes and sync content from your PC , can you choose to download only selected photographs, or does it download all of them to your ipad.

You can choose which photos are put on your iPad via iTunes. Just be aware that if you put a photo on the iPad with iTunes, you can only remove that photo (or photos) with iTunes; you can't just delete them on the iPad itself.

Another question you can buy gift cards for apple apps and also for iTunes apps. Is there a difference.

I believe gift cards are for iTunes - but they apply to either iTunes purchases (movies, songs, etc) and to App Store apps, both. Both stores use iTunes, so I don't see how a gift card would be any different at any place.

Thanks from a newbie he gremlin 56:)[/QUOTE]

And, welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your visits and that this was helpful.

Marilyn

OP
Gremlin56

Gremlin56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi just want to thank you for your help. I am a bit wiser now.

Regards Gremlin 56

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have seen iTunes cards that say Apps on them.......... Really doesn't matter though, they can be used for anything that iTunes has to offer. Just don't confuse an Apple gift card with an iTunes card...........the Apple cards are only good for online purchases or an Apple store.

OP
Gremlin56

Gremlin56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
I have seen iTunes cards that say Apps on them.......... Really doesn't matter though, they can be used for anything that iTunes has to offer. Just don't confuse an Apple gift card with an iTunes card...........the Apple cards are only good for online purchases or an Apple store.

Thanks for that information.

Regards gremlin 56

Most reactions