Apple just unveiled the new iPhone 4S at their keynote. The features & specs are as follows:
This may not be the iPhone 5, but this is a solid and powerful improvement on the iPhone 4. This is a large evolutionary leap, and will be a massive success for Apple. Who cares what the name of the phone is, it's still an iPhone and this one is a huge leap forward. The lack of LTE is a bit disconcerting, but the intelligent radio switching feature looks to make up most of the deficit. Fantastic stuff! Sound off in the forums!
- The A5 Processor - Dual-Core (2x Faster) - Includes Dual-Core GPU for 7X Faster Graphics - Impressive gaming demos - This is basically the iPad 2 chip but probably not clocked as fast.
- Improved Battery Life - 8 hrs talk time on 3G, 9 hours browsing on Wi-Fi, 10 hours video, 40 hours music
- 2x Faster Downloads - HSPA+ 14.4 (not 21+) Intelligent switching for improved downloads
- World Phone - Both GSM and CDMA
- Better Call Quality
- New and Improved 8MP Camera - Hybrid IR Filter - Five Element Lens for Sharper Pics - Face Detection and Improved White Balance - CMOS backside illuminated sensor, 73% more light! Wide f2.4. Super fast photo taking chip. 1.1 seconds for first photos
- 1080P HD Video Recording - real-time video image stabilization - real-time temporal noise reduction
- AirPlay Mirroring - Wired or Wireless
- iOS 5