Apple's iPhone and iPad Trade-in Program Expands to Customers in Australia

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Jul 15, 2014.

By RaduTyrsina on Jul 15, 2014 at 2:20 PM
  1. RaduTyrsina

RaduTyrsina
    Expand Collapse
    News Team

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Australian customers can now bring older iPhones and iPads to receive up to A$250 to use in a new device purchase. Apple has issued an official statement, announcing the Australian availability of its in-store iOS device trade-in program, which will offer customers in the country up to A$250 (about $234) for iPhone and A$215 (about $202) for iPad trade-ins.

MSN affiliate Australian publication ninemsn was the first one to report the story:

However, the latest iOS devices like the iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c and iPad Air, and also first-generation products, are not eligible for credit. This makes sense since the latest ones contain parts that are probably too expensive while those from the first waves have innards that are pretty much useless.

Since debuting its trade-in program in the U.S. last August, Apple has gradually extended it to the UK, Canada, Italy, France and Germany under the Reuse and Recycling banner. Now, Australia is the latest country on the latest.

Have you ever recycled your old iPhone or iPad? If so, let us know your experience by leaving your comment below.

Source: ninemsn

Comments

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Jul 15, 2014.

1. leelai
      leelai
      Well this is good news! Yay!!

I've never traded in an old anything but you just never know, so this may come in handy one day!

I'm just glad OZ now gets included!

Now how about Apple Care + in OZ.....that would be brilliant!!
    2. cecilrwilliams
      cecilrwilliams
      I wish I could receive credit for my IPhone 3 gen. for the Samsung Galaxy S5.