1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Apple's iPad Battery Replacement Policy

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by wot_fan, Mar 13, 2010.

1. wot_fan

wot_fan iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I just ran across this article. Apple will replace the iPad instead of the battery when the battery fails.
  2. Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    This is disappointing. One of the big knocks against the iPhone is/was that the end user can not change the battery. I can change battery in my Palm Pre - no problem. Thought that Apple would have gotten around this by now. Do you know what the battery life in the unit is supposed to be before replacement?:(
  3. Zane Barker

Zane Barker iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is NOTHING new and is COMPLETELY expected. Apple does not have changeable batteries on iPod, iPhone, iPad, and Laptops for several reasons. One is style, another is having removable batteries makes the device bigger, and finally with a non removable battery Apple can use newer battery technology that gives you LONGER battery life.

Take for example the new unibody macbook and macbook pros, by no longer having a removable battery Apple was able to better utilize the space inside and able to give us LONGER battery life.

Apple puts batteries that last long enough as it is in there products by the time the battery is worn out your going to want what ever newer model there is anyway.

I plan on doing what I did with the iPhone with the iPad. Buy Apple Care and by the end of the two years you will want the new model.
  4. philc712

philc712 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have an iPod that is older than available Apple Care will cover. I to have wanted a new iPod and bought one. However I don't think "wanting a new model" while the currenly owned older model's battery is difficult or expensive to change is not a good reason to be forced to get a new model.