What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple's attitude annoys me

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mobi1 said:
iPad 1 is not sold anymore. You will struggle to find them in shops. Most ipad 1s which are still available are likely to be refurbished units.

I recently bought a refurb iPad 1, and it looks great. Apple gives it new 1 year warranty, new battery, and new aluminum casing.

Fletchi18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are in IT for your dealership, why not contact vendors that sell directly to businesses? That is what we did. I ordered an iPad2 for a demo unit at the firm I work for and got it within 2 weeks. Not terribly fast, but it came faster than if we had gone directly to Apple or to another store.

Reaction score
Finding 1 or 2 can easily be done on the Ipad 1 but the op is looking for a bigger quantity in 1 delivery. That would be much harder at this point on either 1 or 2.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, at least this didn't turn out into one of those "I hate Apple because it's Apple and their people are sheep" threads.

Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
Finding 1 or 2 can easily be done on the Ipad 1 but the op is looking for a bigger quantity in 1 delivery. That would be much harder at this point on either 1 or 2.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

It depends, as mentioned above Amazon is a good source and one of the sellers has 15 iPad 1 64GB 3G in store, which would fit perfectly, considering only 14 were requested. But I would assume that whatever activity was planed for the iPad's wont be doable with iPad 1's.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a network admin at a huge car dealership. I also do all the computer repair & purchasing for them (99% PC's).

Yesterday, our GM called me & said they where doing a huge promo & wanted me to go out & purchase 14 ipad 2's. When I informed them they where on back order until way beyond when the promo was supposed to take place, he basically just said "forget it then, we'll go in a different direction with it".

One of the sales managers who is a mac user, said "it's no big surprise, Apple has always done things this way. They come out with a fancy new product, promote the hell out of it & then you can't get it for two months. That's how they keep the price high. They could care less if you buy somewhere else"

I have an ipod 2 on order & I won't cancel the order, but I definitely see why our GM would not want to deal with a company that has a cavalier attitude like this.

~John

I understand your frustration in timing. The demand is high ... Apple has spent Billions of dollars in advance lining up parts and manufacturing. It is doubtful any local store other than Apple will have 14 in stock for you. I suggest you go direct to Apple on-line. Just ask yourself a key question, why do so many people want this product? They all are just like you. I made up my mind ... and I want it now. Get in line ... you have lots of company. It isn't Apple's attitude is bad ... they just created a great product and are building them as fast as they can. It is estimated that build rates are upward of 4 million per month. Surely you think ... I can get 14 of them when I want. (a little sarcasm here, sorry). Realize there are 18 models ... so you need to decide which model(s) you want.

Best of luck ... keep smiling:)

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
I am a network admin at a huge car dealership. I also do all the computer repair & purchasing for them (99% PC's).

Yesterday, our GM called me & said they where doing a huge promo & wanted me to go out & purchase 14 ipad 2's. When I informed them they where on back order until way beyond when the promo was supposed to take place, he basically just said "forget it then, we'll go in a different direction with it".

One of the sales managers who is a mac user, said "it's no big surprise, Apple has always done things this way. They come out with a fancy new product, promote the hell out of it & then you can't get it for two months. That's how they keep the price high. They could care less if you buy somewhere else"

I have an ipod 2 on order & I won't cancel the order, but I definitely see why our GM would not want to deal with a company that has a cavalier attitude like this.

~John

I wish my business had this problem. Future orders two months out? Perfect world! Yes, yes, I know. The consumer has to wait for product but if it were my business it I'd be lovin' life right about now. I fail to see the issue.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 1 is not sold anymore. You will struggle to find them in shops. Most ipad 1s which are still available are likely to be refurbished units.

It isn't that iPad is not sold anymore. Apple is just not building them anymore ... now they are building iPad2's. Check Verizon stores, some have iPads in stock. Also you can go online to Ebay and Craigs list. Be care ... buyer beware.

They could possibly be refurbished units, but not necessarily. Just depends. Be careful not to generalize.

caver3d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, but I had to laugh at this. How many people where in a waiting list for the Chevy Volt when it came out?

Well, then, we do what the manager said in the OP, and go in a different direction -- right to the Ford dealership! LOL

- caver3d

Most reactions

Latest posts