What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple's attitude annoys me

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a network admin at a huge car dealership. I also do all the computer repair & purchasing for them (99% PC's).

Yesterday, our GM called me & said they where doing a huge promo & wanted me to go out & purchase 14 ipad 2's. When I informed them they where on back order until way beyond when the promo was supposed to take place, he basically just said "forget it then, we'll go in a different direction with it".

One of the sales managers who is a mac user, said "it's no big surprise, Apple has always done things this way. They come out with a fancy new product, promote the hell out of it & then you can't get it for two months. That's how they keep the price high. They could care less if you buy somewhere else"

I have an ipod 2 on order & I won't cancel the order, but I definitely see why our GM would not want to deal with a company that has a cavalier attitude like this.

~John

Reaction score
I guess y'all don't get many new release phones either?
It's not just Apple. I'm not defending them at all but they got caught with their pants down and then Japan moved a few inches and the ensuing after math which caused more problems.
Tell the GM not to plan B to a Xoom as it's not ready for prime time yet. Again I'm not defending or promoting Apple, just stating facts.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Last edited:

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is the initial demand that is responsible for the back orders. All their products create a hype and the daily production quantities can not cover this first hype. After a few weeks / months it becomes more stable and then there is stock available.

The other solution would be that apple first creates a huge stock. What business would want to do that.

Besides the car industry has the same problems. In Europe you have to wait for 4 months to get your car.

Eitel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, but I had to laugh at this. How many people where in a waiting list for the Chevy Volt when it came out?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess apple manufacturing 2.5 million ipads a month and still short supply means nothing oh well we recently did a promotion for Asus laptops i5 model for a great price. Order 4 months ahead of promotion 100 stores average 40 -60 per store. Guess what they never arrved in time Upset customers no end as it was a major catalog item. At least you were told it was on back order.

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, but I had to laugh at this. How many people where in a waiting list for the Chevy Volt when it came out?

No idea, as I shy away from Government Motors. But I do recall quite a waiting list for the Toyota Prius a few years back.

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yesterday, our GM called me & said they where doing a huge promo & wanted me to go out & purchase 14 ipad 2's.

Why not use the original iPad?

The iPad 2 isn't a major improvement on the original iPad.

The only thing that I can think of that might be relevant for a promo campaign is Video Mirroring via HDMI.

gdenton55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon

My Verizon ordered a 32GB iPad first gen Monday and I just received it via FedEx today. You may want to call a Verizon store. They are out of 16GB but the 32GB cost me $399.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL!!! car guys... Come on!!!

My friend waited 1 YEAR before his Toyota Prius got delivered!!

Classic pot/kettle situation!!!

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 1 is not sold anymore. You will struggle to find them in shops. Most ipad 1s which are still available are likely to be refurbished units.

Most reactions