What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple’s Sir Jony Ive Gets a Special Gold Blue Peter Badge

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
11285-jony-ive-blue-peter.JPG

Apple’s head of industrial design, Sir Jonathan Ive, has today been awarded with the great honour of a gold Blue Peter badge, iDownload Blog reports. For anyone outside of the UK who doesn’t know, Blue Peter is the longest running children’s TV programme in the world, and has been shown on UK TV since 1958. The Blue Peter badge is an award that the programme hands out very, very sparingly, usually to reward very brave children or children who have done something very remarkable. They even more rarely award adults with a badge, and that was the case in point with Jony Ive today, who was given an exclusive golden Blue Peter badge by BBC presenter Barney Harwood, who visited him in his bunker in California. Only around 1000 gold Blue Peter badges have ever been awarded, going to such luminaries as JK Rowling, David Beckham, and The Queen. Turns out that Ive was a big Blue Peter fan, so it could be that watching the show inspired some of his Apple designs! In turn, Ive and his team presented Harwood with a special Blue Peter badge made of solid aluminium. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source:[/FONT] Jony Ive honored with exclusive gold Blue Peter Badge

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I remember the Blue Peter team in 1971 burying a time capsule for the millennium. I wonder if they ever dug it up.

The team at the time was Valerie Singleton who went on to work at Radio 4, John Noakes and Peter Purves. Don't know what became of those two.

Hmmm. Not a bad memory, considering that was over 40 years ago.

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
I remember the Blue Peter team in 1971 burying a time capsule for the millennium. I wonder if they ever dug it up.

The team at the time was Valerie Singleton who went on to work at Radio 4, John Noakes and Peter Purves. Don't know what became of those two.

Hmmm. Not a bad memory, considering that was over 40 years ago.

I remember that! Don't know what happened to it either! Do you remember when someone ransacked the Blue Peter garden?! Or when they had an elephant in the studio and it er, went to the bathroom, as it were! Hilarious. Those were the days!

Most reactions

Latest posts