What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple wireless keyboard "scrolling"?

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know if any of the keys (or combinations of keys) allow you to scroll down a page. Like when reading articles on a news site?

One would think holding down the arrows would allow me to scroll down the page. I still have to reach onto the iPads screen and scroll with my finger even though I now have a wireless keyboard!

Thx

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, you still have to use your finger(s) to scroll, even with a keyboard attached. That's just the way it is...

Marilyn

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Apple should really allow this, especially in using a document processing application

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Expidia said:
Anyone know if any of the keys (or combinations of keys) allow you to scroll down a page. Like when reading articles on a news site?

One would think holding down the arrows would allow me to scroll down the page. I still have to reach onto the iPads screen and scroll with my finger even though I now have a wireless keyboard!

Thx

Scrolling with a finger can be a hassle. You might want to switch to using a stylus for scrolling down. I'm finding that a better solution.

At least in Safari and some other browser apps, at least it just takes 1 or 2 taps at the top of the webpage to automatically scroll back to the top.

OP
E

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx for those replies. Not the answer i was looking for but . . . It is what it is. Maybe Apple will surprise us and put this feature into their next OS update.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Expidia said:

Thx

Scrolling with a finger can be a hassle. You might want to switch to using a stylus for scrolling down. I'm finding that a better solution.

At least in Safari and some other browser apps, at least it just takes 1 or 2 taps at the top of the webpage to automatically scroll back to the top.

The Dolphin HD browser (free in the app store) enables gestures for a variety of actions such as "scroll to top" and "scroll to bottom." Not a solution in the context of this thread, but I like the browser.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
The Dolphin HD browser (free in the app store) enables gestures for a variety of actions such as "scroll to top" and "scroll to bottom." Not a solution in the context of this thread, but I like the browser.

That's a great tip. I'll try it.

Thank you!

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for JB'd iPads, "scroll to bottom" is one of the features in "action menu plus pack"... i'm not sure if it's also in the free version "action menu"...

Most reactions

Latest posts