What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Wins Permanant Ban on German Sales of Samsung Tablet

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Herrflik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadbraincell said:
I don't agree, it will mean less watering down by companies who are more profit based than quality based.

You honestly believe apple dont put profit over quality? the products are well built and function as they are meant to but as a company I dont have any illusion as to how they operate. its evident in the way that they dripfeed usually minor upgrades into thier products, thier means of manufacture and the reluctance for meaningful price reductions or sales.

I think the Gene Roddenberry estate (or even the zombie man himself) should sue apple for blatantly stealing the iPad design and function from him. That would be a laugh

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All big successful companies work on bug profits, nothing wring in that as it secures longevity, if you feel that is wrong then with respects your very nieve

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadbraincell said:
All big successful companies work on big profits, nothing wrong in that, as it secures longevity and the cost of innovation. if you feel that is wrong then with respects your showing tendencies of being nieves

Soz hit send by accident,

I'm not into a keyboard war but sponsoring freedom if opinions.

Not that I'm a mega trading force but I do run a small business and have for near 30 years. The costs of incorporating even a ready made product into your portfolio are extreme, costs of introduce inovations like the Ipad2 are phenomenal.

If we want! (cough), demand such excellence from Apple then we should show grace at the price's charged - or imho go android ;).

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even when it is small potatoes, All companies have to vigorously protect their intellectual property. With dealing with small companies, if they do not, they will lose standing in the courts for not protecting their rights. I do not agree with how they handle some of their battles, but with consummer electronics, if you do not protect your products, you can be toast. Look how Google has learn the hard way that they need as many patents as they can get their hands on to protect theirselves.

And if you will notice, the iOS on the iPhone was copied like crazy for Android and WebOS. Whatever else might be said about it, Windows 8 is about the only OS that is not a copy of Apple.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And let's not forget that this thread is about Apple protecting it's patents/IPR..........so let's try to stay on topic.

The Archangel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even when it is small potatoes, All companies have to vigorously protect their intellectual property. With dealing with small companies, if they do not, they will lose standing in the courts for not protecting their rights. I do not agree with how they handle some of their battles, but with consummer electronics, if you do not protect your products, you can be toast. Look how Google has learn the hard way that they need as many patents as they can get their hands on to protect theirselves.

And if you will notice, the iOS on the iPhone was copied like crazy for Android and WebOS. Whatever else might be said about it, Windows 8 is about the only OS that is not a copy of Apple.

Seems clear that Apple, like any other company, will try to enforce its patents as it sees fit. Courts will decide whether any case is legit.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please reread my post as I edited it so it makes more sense. And yes I have heard about the Chinese Apple mockup fakes, and Apple has the right eliminate them.

Sent From my jailbroken interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
biobunny said:
Please reread my post as I edited it so it makes more sense. And yes I have heard about the Chinese Apple mockup fakes, and Apple has the right eliminate them.

I thought the legit iPhones and ipads were made in China?

Or have I bought a fake?

Seems with China shutting down fake stores Apple has a heck of a lot of political clout

Reaction score
Really? The Chinese fake everything they can get their hands on, then when they get popped they do a sheepish grin, say "so sorry", then stop. There is no political clout needed. With the Apple fake stores it wasn't a manufacturing facility, it was Apple stores, like you find in the mall. Fake updates, fake chain around the neck, fake Apple shirt, fake Apple looking decorations in the store, the whole nine.
Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Think we are possibly in danger of getting to political in this particular thread.

Iso far is only Germany has named, other countries have rejected the Apple claims so far (byt appeals are in the pipe line) so will those countries review their stance now they know how it went in Germany?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Think we are possibly in danger of getting to political in this particular thread.

Iso far is only Germany has named, other countries have rejected the Apple claims so far (byt appeals are in the pipe line) so will those countries review their stance now they know how it went in Germany?

Why would they review? Each country's laws are different.

Reaction score

Ummm. What?
Have you been following the lawsuits other than this thread?

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadbraincell said:
I thought the legit iPhones and ipads were made in China?

Or have I bought a fake?

Seems with China shutting down fake stores Apple has a heck of a lot of political clout

The legit Apple products are made in China by Foxcon. Fake apple products are also made in China just not by Foxcon and have very low quality standard.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most of the Apple products in the fake Apple stores were real Apple products, purchased outside China and smuggled in. Prices were higher than retail in other countries. The fake iPhones were one exception to this. They are cheap copies....

-t

Most reactions