Apple Watch Said to Sport 512MB of RAM, 4GB of Storage

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Sep 22, 2014.

1. RaduTyrsina

RaduTyrsina
    Expand Collapse
    News Team

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

At the big iPhone launch event, Apple also previewed and shared details related to its much-rumored smartwatch. However, not all details regarding its specs and features have been made public, as the device is said to be officially unveiled in the beginning of early 2015.

According to a new research note sent out to investors on Monday by Timothy Arcuri of Cowen and Company, the Apple Watch is said to feature 512MB of RAM and 4GB of storage. It seems that the 512 megabytes of mobile DRAM will likely be supplied by Samsung, Hynix and Micron.

Arcuri says that Apple may offer an 8-gigabyte version of the Watch in addition to the standard 4-gigabyte version. It's expected for the smaller-capacity option to be the default configuration. The analyst also noted that the memory will come from "most major NAND suppliers."

The Apple Watch is also expected to feature a wireless combination chip similar to the Broadcom BCM43342 found in the iPhone 5s which is also said to include a GPS radio. Will you be buying the Apple Watch if it comes with a price under $300?

Source: AppleInsider

2. Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    A smartwatch looks really good. I'll try that one on if I get a chance.

3. DrumsOfGrohl

DrumsOfGrohl
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    We already know that the Apple Watch pricing will start at $350.

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    But that's all we know. There has been no announcement of what the prices for each watch in the range will be.

5. DrumsOfGrohl

DrumsOfGrohl
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ya, I'm just saying that there ain't no way you're getting a watch for under $300, like Radu asked: