Apple has updated its iMovie app for iOS devices to version 2.2.1, fixing several bugs and adding 4K support for the iPad Air 2. Thus, an iPad Air 2 running iOS 9.1 can now be used to edit and share 4K resolution videos. Here's how the entire changelog looks like:
The iPhone 6s and 6s Plus already supports 4K video editing in iMovie and now the app has been updated with support for the iPad Air 2 and the iPad Pro. For the time being it seems that the iPad mini 4 didn't receive this new feature.
- Create and share movies at 4K resolution on iPad Air 2 with iOS 9.1
- Fixes an issue that could prevent users from creating new trailers in some languages
- Resolves issues importing and removing projects from iCloud Drive
- Addresses interface issues that could appear in some right-to-left languages
- Addresses interface issues that could appear in iMovie extension for Photos
- Performance and stability improvementsi
iMovie can be downloaded from the App Store for $4.99 and it comes in a size of 647 MB. Go ahead and follow the link from below to download it.