Apple unveils iPhone OS v4 April 8th!

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by iDan, Apr 5, 2010.

By iDan on Apr 5, 2010 at 11:54 AM
  1. iDan

iDan
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Engadget.com reports that Apple will be holding an event April 8th to show off a sneak peak of the next gerenation of iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch Operating System. This news is almost unbelievable, as many expected we wouldn't hear anything before this summer. The live broadcast will take place at Apple's Infinite Loop campus in Cupertino at 10:00 PST. Multitasking, iChat Video Support, what else do you think we'll see!

Comments

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by iDan, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Edlex
      Edlex
      The unveiling of the 3G ipad with OS v4 preinstalled. Followed by the immediate delivery to all 3G pre order customers via overnight courier. I can dream can't I?
    2. iDan
      iDan
      Wow, how awesome would that be! It would sure make waiting easier if you knew it was coming with the latest OS.

3. JohnnyApple
      JohnnyApple
      That would be awesome. I expect OS4 to have at least basic multitasking.
    4. DavidNM
      DavidNM
      Dream all you want - but please share what you're smoking :D

It would be nice for those of us who had to sloth our way through this last weekend to get some kind of special 'goodie' out of all of this!
    5. col.bris
      col.bris
      Apple has a habit of doing this. Its all about timing they decided to release the ipad first as the upgrade was not ready its "one more thing" . So it will be only a matter of time before it is released. I understood it will be like expose on the Mac but lets wait and see. colin
    6. iDan
      iDan
      I'm glad the event is scheduled just a few days away.. In the past Apple seems to scheduled these types of announcements months in advance.
    7. Edlex
      Edlex
      I'm curious, is this the free major OS upgrade they were talking about?
    8. DavidNM
      DavidNM
      If they're changing from OS 3.X to 4.0 then I would assume that there are a few biggie things - probably the pseudo multi-tasking type app that I think someone was describing earlier in the thread.

Now since I've bought the 3G and it comes with 4.0 - my assumption is that I be treated like those that bought the wifi models and I receive the next major upgrade free.

Personally I think they should have labeled this 3.5 and sent it out as a fix release. That is what you should do with a new type of software and hardware platform like this.
    9. gjperera
      gjperera
      So the iPad OS 4.0 will allow you to set the amount of time the Picture Frame feature displays pictures?

Looking forward to the event...