Apple Unveils Fourth-Generation Full-Sized iPad

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Oct 23, 2012.

By Maura on Oct 23, 2012 at 2:22 PM
  1. Maura

Expand Collapse
    iPadForums News Team

Jun 7, 2010
    Thanks Received:

As well as launching the amazing new iPad mini today, Apple also unveiled a refresh of the regular-sized iPad range, with the fourth-generation iPad. The new iPad features a 9.7-inch Retina display, and includes a brand new chip, the Apple-designed A6X chip, which Apple says will deliver up to twice the CPU performance and up to twice the graphics performance of the A5X chip, while at the same time still providing 10 hours of battery life. Also new to this latest version of the iPad are a FaceTime HD camera, double the Wi-Fi performance of previous models, and worldwide LTE carrier support. As expected, the fourth-gen iPad also now sports a Lightning connector.

Here are all the pricing details and pre-order details for both new iPads, directly from Apple:

Source: Apple
Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Oct 23, 2012.

1. iJamesH
      Thanks but no thanks sticking with the 3.

But it's nice to see they're sticking with the RD.
    2. epb
      Same here. Until I bought Infinity Blade 2, I wasn't using anything that required the Retina display on my iPad 3; no reason for me to move up to the 4. I still think the best philosophy for any iPad user is to skip a generation before upgrading to get the best bang for the buck.
    3. Mscosmo
      Is there really a big difference in the 3 & 4?

Sent from my iPad 64gb using iPF
    4. iJamesH
      The 4 will have:

A faster processor
      Improved wifi capability
      HD FaceTime
      Lightning Connector

Other than that everything is about the same between the 3 and 4.
    5. mannyberrios
      I will stick with my iPad 3, because I don't have the money right now to buy a new one
    6. y39vonne
      Thanks for the "quote" about skipping a generation. Being relatively new to technology and with all the marketing I will remember your words..
    7. Zachariot
      i got an ipad 2 in august .... i love it . i optimized the battery life and can use it heavily for 17-18 hours on a single charge i love it. I really see no need for the new ipads at all except if you really really need that retina display. i am not trying to disrespect the newer ipads i just think they are not necessary.
    8. Mscosmo
      I love my iP3. Unless I can exchange mine to get the iP4 for $100 (mine is in excellent condition), I'll stick with what I have. As was suggested, I'll wait for the next generation. BTW, how do you optimize your battery? :)

Sent from my iP3/64gb using iPF
    9. Zachariot
      I get 17-18 hours usage when i use my ipad 2 for playing games movies music browsing internet. I cant use an ipad continuosly without breaks for 18 hours in a row lol. i put my screen brightness all the way down. i never put it up because its already really bright for me. i dont use notifications at all. All system sounds are off. no sounds. I use free mercury browser's dimmer function and turn down system brightness even more to ridiculous levels it lets me search longer than safari. I take off; multitasking gestures ; all push notifications mail stuff i check my mail manually once a day, and i take off pretty much everything i think drains battery lol, facetime off, and itunes app off too. i run through all system settings and turn off most stuff. Also i reset my network settings and connect only 1 wifi network to my ipad. Too much network data can drain battery. I only had my ipad 3 months but i had an ipod touch 5 years! Also i only charge my ipad 2 once it hits 20% or lower then i let it fill up completely.