What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple tv

Thomasp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just purchased an Apple tv box.

Brilliant but can someone tell me if its possible to turn off that annoying voice that mirrors what I am doing?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What voice? I just got my Apple TV yesterday, and I've not heard that. Have you turned on VoiceOver in Settings/General/Accessibility?

(I'm assuming that's where it is. I haven't really played with settings much yet.)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep, what voice is that? What you are hearing is definitely not the default operation for ATV!

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope it is something that can be sorted via your settings - otherwise it might just be voices in your head!! ;)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope it is something that can be sorted via your settings - otherwise it might just be voices in your head!! ;)

Hey, there's nothing wrong with hearing voices. It's acting on their suggestions that's the problem.

I'm pretty sure this is a setting in accessibility. Unfortunately, the television has been commandeered, so I can't check it out.

OP
T

Thomasp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its a voice that tells me everything I do, every selection I make, even every letter I press in a search, and it reads out what you select in one of those awful digital voices that says it wrong.

I kinda played around and its now gone but only after a reset to factory.
Thanks for the help guys.
I feel it wont be my last apple tv help request lol

stewpot32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it is a option in the accesability option go to general and select accesability and its the first one in list turn off voice

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Honestly, there isn't much complex to learn about ATV. What do you want to do with it? I like to use my Flickr account for a screen saver, mirror my Ipad at times, stream music from my music apps like Rhapsody and Pandora to my sound system--can connect with PC and of course use all the things available on the screen--Netflix, Youtube, and lots more. Love my ATV--even thinking about buying a second for a TV in another part of the house.

But do ask if you have any issues.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts