What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple TV

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was reading about the Apple TV and apparently you can order it now and it will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.

$99.00. Is this the same version that is coming out in November? Hate to order the wrong one....

How would I find that out?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was reading about the Apple TV and apparently you can order it now and it will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.

$99.00. Is this the same version that is coming out in November? Hate to order the wrong one....

How would I find that out?

If it's $99 and looks like a little black square hockey puck than thats the one!

The old one is a larger grey box.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you've got confused with the release dates :)

Apple TV is coming out this month.. At some point...

November is when you get iOS4.2 on the iPad, which will give you Airplay, amongst other things, which will allow you to stream directly from your iPad to AppleTV (as opposed to streaming from your iTunes library which you'll be able to do straight away)

:)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's $99 and looks like a little black square hockey puck than thats the one!

Yes! That'd be it.:D

Thank You!

November is when you get iOS4.2 on the iPad, which will give you Airplay, amongst other things, which will allow you to stream directly from your iPad to AppleTV (as opposed to streaming from your iTunes library which you'll be able to do straight away)

I must have really gotten confused ~ I could have sworn someone said it was coming out in Nov.:eek:

Oh Well ~ I can order it now and it will ship within 2-4 weeks!:) I am very excited! Let's hope it doesn't take a PhD to figure it out.:(

But I have you guys!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let's hope it doesn't take a PhD to figure it out.:(

But I have you guys!
And unlike the iPad, the AppleTV does come with a printed Users Guide (at least the old one, which is really still the current one, did).

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes! That'd be it.:D

Thank You!

I must have really gotten confused ~ I could have sworn someone said it was coming out in Nov.:eek:

Oh Well ~ I can order it now and it will ship within 2-4 weeks!:) I am very excited! Let's hope it doesn't take a PhD to figure it out.:(

But I have you guys!

As far as I saw on the demo it will be one of the easiest set top boxes on the market. Simple navigation, rent a movie and its there and I think it automatically talks to your mac.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...and is it going to sulk and be silent if I try and make it talk to an windows laptop? ;)

Seriously though, there is only a power, HDMI and optional ethernet connection.... It's not going to be that difficult!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sure I can handle it! I am going to order it in a few days.:D.

Then My Friends ~

I will have two Apple products. And very cool ones at that, I might add.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts