What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple tv vs sony media

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Saw a Sony media thing at Costco for $99

Same thing as apple tv, just Sony version...

Only thing I noticed is the output of 1080p vs 720p apple offers. So that's a plus for me.. Also supports an external hard drive which I want to use..got about 100gb of photos and videos.

Not sure if the apple tv supports external drives..

Anywho, no ipad app for Sony..does have iPhone/itouch support but eh.

What y'all think?

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Roku makes media boxes starting around 60$ as well. It's all personal preference.

I just ordered an Apple TV as we both have iPads, and likely will get iPhones when they come to Verizon next year. Figure all the AirPlay streaming should be fun. Hopefully you can stream video taken from the iPhone....on the Apple TV.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Sony Netbox has good reviews. It all depends on what you want. I like the Airplay capabilities, and don't have anything that goes beyond 720p. So the Apple TV was well suited for me. What I am really looking forward to is the future enhancements. The ability to link to my iTunes is great.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered a Mac Mini to use as a HTPC....Can't wait to set it up!

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Sony Netbox has good reviews. It all depends on what you want. I like the Airplay capabilities, and don't have anything that goes beyond 720p. So the Apple TV was well suited for me. What I am really looking forward to is the future enhancements. The ability to link to my iTunes is great.

I'm hoping someone figures out multiple screens. Play a game on the iPad and watch it full screen on the TV. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts