What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple TV... So who's bought/buying one then?

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I think I'm going a little overboard here.

Apple TV is on the way, due on the 15th.

Already had an iPhone 4.

My Macbook Pro got here yesterday.

And I can't keep my eyes off some i7 versions of the iMac.

:-/

Oh, and most of my mail accounts just feed into MobileMe.

If it makes you feel better, I have the iPad, MacBook Pro, iPod Touch, iPod Classic, AppleTV on the way and thinking seriously about a refurb i5 iMac.

edsyoung

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just picked up mine at the Base Exchange. They had 3 out on the shelf along with a couple of the older Apple TV.

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I'm liking this thing so far.

Very easy to set up, very high quality Netflix.

Haven't tried iTunes yet.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have ordered mine. My big deal will be getting my recordings from EyeTV to iTunes so I can watch my OTA recordings. Should not be a big deal, but it takes a long time to transfer.

OP
P

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does what it says it does on the Apple website.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it makes you feel better, I have the iPad, MacBook Pro, iPod Touch, iPod Classic, AppleTV on the way and thinking seriously about a refurb i5 iMac.

unknownjpg2.jpg

:D

T

TJK

Got mine about 10 days ago. Was very easy to set-up and works perfectly as I wanted it to. I really wanted a simple way to access both our iTunes and Netflix accounts on the 50" plasma in the living room.......wirelessly.

For us, the Netflix integration alone was worth the $99. We had been accessing Netflix from our LG bluRay player but it only allowed you to play items from your instant queue. AppleTV allows full access to your account and the interface is very polished and easy to navigate.

We had an old PC since we upgraded my wife to an iMac i7 so we use that as our always on iTunes host tucked away in the office.

The second big item for me was the wireless. In our new apartment running CAT 5 to the family room would have been a PITA and buying a wireless adapter for the bluray player would have been a good chunk of the cost of the ATV so it made sense.

iTunes is the 3rd reason and it works great. So nice not to have to go to the PC and fire up iTunes and stream it via the airport express ATV replaced.

The Remote app is also very slick on iPad and iPhone although I programmed our Logitech Harmony remote to control it so I tend to use that.

Picture quality from Netflix is better than what we got through the LG bluray player and the movies run flawlessly once loaded. We use to experience numerous starts and stops while Netflix would "adjust to network conditions" not with the ATV.

Overall exactly what I wanted and worth what we paid. I'm satisfied.

Most reactions

Latest posts