What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple TV In Seperate Rooms

xhuntercx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im already sure that im buying an Apple TV for my house, but what if I want 2?

If I were to put 2 apple Tvs on 2 seperate TVs and watched them both at the same time(synced with 1 computer), would they work fine?

What if I was watching the same movie at 2 differet times?

Has anybody successfully done this before?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Set up a different iTunes account for second apple tv then each tv is independent also billing for content will be separate you could even have 2 different iTunes stores offering s bigger selection of movies. Both apple tv's can share se music by authorizing each account

OP
xhuntercx

xhuntercx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes,but is that the only way to view on 2 TVs? Im not going to buy more than one if there's a proble while whatching 2 on one account.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No use a transmitter to second tv from the tv that has the apple tv installed the apple tv has to be connected to one tv only. The video link can be purchased from Tandy

You did say you would but 2 apple tv's that is why I responded.

OP
xhuntercx

xhuntercx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2 Apple TVs -Linked to- 2 Televisions

2 different pairs of Apple Tvs and Tvs.

Can I Link both Pairs to my 1 Laptop?

Im really confused with what you just said. You might have already explained it, but I need a more clear perspective.

OP
xhuntercx

xhuntercx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I have to have 2 seperate iTunes accounts then im only going to hav on pair of Apple TV and TV.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple TV in two rooms - how it works.

Im already sure that im buying an Apple TV for my house, but what if I want 2?

If I were to put 2 apple Tvs on 2 seperate TVs and watched them both at the same time(synced with 1 computer), would they work fine?

What if I was watching the same movie at 2 differet times?

Has anybody successfully done this before?

You can set up 2 apple TV's in 2 different rooms no problem using one account however what you must understand if you rent a movie in room 1 it is not available in room 2 unless you pay for it again. You can also listen to your music library on either Apple TV as well as watch your photos but what you may need is a high speed dual channel router like the Airport extreme as download may slow with both streaming movies at the same time. The account will reflect both tv purchases it really is no different having Multiple iPhone plus apple tv plus iPad keep in mind the restriction is 5 devices per account.

What I meant with having 2 separate Apple iTunes accounts is that if for example you have children renting movies in one room and you are doing the same you can have a seperate account for the kids so that they can use prepay iTunes cards instead of visa master charge cards. I have in fact 3 accounts with
The following 2 x iPhones, 2 x pad2, 1x Apple Tv and one Apple Macbook. All sync fine as all are authorized I in fact can switch iTunes to say UK and watch movies from europe that are not available in Australian iTunes store. I use UK iTunes cards and top up the account as needed. This applies to Apps and music as well. By having separate accounts I know what is rented from where and have better control over the billing from iTunes as each one has a different email address.

If you want to watch the same movie rented on another TV then install a wireless transmitter receiver which will mirror what is on the main TV where the Apple TV is however the quality will not be as good on the second TV

Hope that makes sense.

OP
xhuntercx

xhuntercx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a perfect explanation. Thank you for your time.

Zakblack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I download all films to the computer, not the apple tv. You can then access iTunes rentals on all apple tv's....

Most reactions