What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple TV hdmi connection

sc1108

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a AV receiver and would like to connect apple TV hdmi output to one of the hdmi inputs on my receiver so that I may be able to get both audio and video through my receiver. Is this possible or do I have to input directly to my TV hdmi input?

anniehapper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a AV receiver and would like to connect apple TV hdmi output to one of the hdmi inputs on my receiver so that I may be able to get both audio and video through my receiver. Is this possible or do I have to input directly to my TV hdmi input?

It will be OK if the audio of your videos is stereo but if it is the 5.1 channels, I think, the HDMI is the best choice if your priority are placed on the quality of the video as well as the audion.
I have converted many MP4 videos with 5.1 channels via the brorsoft video converter which I have to say it's aewsome. The sound of those streamed by AV connector is not as good as the ones by HDMI connecter.
And as we all know, the stereo is not good for the Apple TV. So you'd better choose to convert your videos to the ones with 5.1 chaanels.
As for the converte, I strongly recommend you the brorsoft video converter. I like its convenient performance as well as the good quality of the videos, both the video and the audio are great.
But it's only personal idea, you can look it as reference.

TraumaBoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ditto to the above. It's the best way to listen to your tunes. Use your iPad as a controller, and turn up the volume on your receiver and your in listening bliss, no tinny sounds out of headphones our substandard speakers.

Most reactions