What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple TV App

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don’t have many Apps on my iPad but this evening l have gained a new one.
The Apple TV l did not download this l have no idea how it came to be on my system. Also l don’t know how it functions.
Just curious has to how it got there???

Anyone else got this???

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, I don’t have it on my devices. It’s not available yet in my country.

Here’s Apple’s description:
TV App

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Please don’t waste your time answering this, l think l have my answer.
Apart from the History Channel the rest don’t interest me anyway, Hospital Love stories and doctors and nurses on grownup TV l ask you.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In countries where it’s available, it replaces the Video app in iOS 11. All your previously downloaded content is still available along with the new features that come with the new app. It bears more than a passing resemblance to the current appearance of the Music app and you can purchase or rent iTunes content without leaving the app. I don’t own an Apple TV so I have no experience on how it works with the latest Apple TV units.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
. . . I don’t own an Apple TV so I have no experience on how it works with the latest Apple TV units.

Mostly it syncs with your Apple TV content; both the Watch Now and the Library sections.

Buy or subscribe to something on one, it shows up in the TV app on the other (Apple TV also has a TV app). I believe you can start watching something on one, and switch to the other without losing your place. Having never done this I’m not sure.

Most reactions

Latest posts