What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple tv and time capsule?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a windows pc. On my time capsule I have a few folders within folders, pics, videos, documents, music. I'm considering getting an Apple TV, but mainly to play my videos from my time capsule to the Apple TV. All my videos are in mp4 format, so they should be supported right?

So will the Apple TV do what I need?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You will need itunes running on the Pc, with everything you want to playback showing in the library. The ATV won't directly talk to the time capsule, unless you jailbreak.

Matus81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or use your iPad or iPhone, via an app such as FileBrowser to browse the timecapsule. File browser can play most movie files it finds and can stream them to the aTV via AirPlay. Not as easy as directly streaming, but easier than booting up the PC, logging in and loading up iTunes.

Most reactions