What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple to Ship 33 Million iPads and 55 Million iPad Minis in 2013

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
NPD_display_search_tablet_figures_March_2013.JPG

According to new figures from NPD Display Search, reported on by AppleInsider, it looks like 2013 is set to be the year when the iPad mini becomes Apple’s main tablet, ahead of the full-sized iPad. NPD Display Search says that it has heard that Apple intends to ship 55 million iPad minis in 2013, and just 33 million regular iPads. As AppleInsider notes, if accurate, this would represent a big shift from Apple away from what was believed to be the company’s plan back in December of 40 million iPad minis shipped and 60 million regular iPads. And aside from that breakdown, also interesting is the fact that the combined figure of 88 million iPad shipped would be a big improvement on 2012, when Apple sold 58.31 million iPads in total. AppleInsider says that this change in plan came about after the 9.7-inch tablet shipments “collapsed” from 7.4 million in January, while smaller tablets such as the iPad mini and the Nexus 7 from Google increased to 14 million from 12 million. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source:[/FONT] http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/02/28/apple-expected-to-sell-55m-ipad-minis-33m-ipads-in-2013

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope this means they will bring it with the guts and screen when the next version streets.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope this means they will bring it with the guts and screen when the next version streets.

Will you be getting it if they do? I have the mini also, I'm waiting for the next iPad to upgrade my ipad2.

fb si

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow. That's the first I'd heard of the ipad mini outselling the ipad. Sum total, those are some crazy numbers sold.

SparkyScott21

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's funny how people go from their desktop>to their laptop> then to their full size iPad> then a mini!

Sorta like an iPhone I guess.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
128Gb+retina display+quad-core processor?

That would have the competition quaking.

Gosh...that kind of sounds like my new MacBook Air! LOL;)

Retina display would be nice and also nice would be LTE on it. I may just go with a black mini since everything I have is white. Decisions, decisions!!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Gosh...that kind of sounds like my new MacBook Air! LOL;)

Retina display would be nice and also nice would be LTE on it. I may just go with a black mini since everything I have is white. Decisions, decisions!!

I got the black mini and iPhone, really enjoying them after having white for so long. ;)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SparkyScott21 said:
It's funny how people go from their desktop>to their laptop> then to their full size iPad> then a mini!

Sorta like an iPhone I guess.

I think the iPhone started it all....well it did for me. All of a sudden it wasn't just a phone anymore.

Then the iphone made me want an iPad! ;)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the iPhone started it all....well it did for me. All of a sudden it wasn't just a phone anymore.

Then the iphone made me want an iPad! ;)

That was my direction too. I was administering a small network a few years ago and grew to hate Apple because one guy insisted on running an Apple laptop when everything else was Windows.

I saw the iPhone 3GS and was impressed, so the iPhone 4 was my next phone. The iPad followed and I bought my MBP today.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
That was my direction too. I was administering a small network a few years ago and grew to hate Apple because one guy insisted on running an Apple laptop when everything else was Windows.

I saw the iPhone 3GS and was impressed, so the iPhone 4 was my next phone. The iPad followed and I bought my MBP today.

Woohoo! You finally got that MBP! Must be very nice with a retina screen.

SparkyScott21

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Congrats on your MBP.

Most reactions

Latest posts