What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple to Make Beats Music Service Part of iOS Software from Early 2015

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
eminem-dr-dre-1_by-jeremy-deputat-1-1024x682.jpeg

It seems that Apple plans to push its Beats Music service to all iPhone and iPads next year, according to a recent story reported by The Financial Times publication. Apple bought the company for around $3 billion and now it seems that it is getting rid to reap the benefits from the acquisition.

Apple will equip iPhones and iPads with Beats Music via a software update, which could arrive as soon as March, the publication says. At the moment, however, we don't know whether the streaming service will arrive under the Beats brand or will be part of Apple's existing iTunes service.

At the moment, Beats Music exists as a US-only service, so it could be possible that the only North American owners of iPhones and iPads will get it, as probably there's more work to be done before the company can make the service available on a global scale.

Sales of digital music downloads have gradually declined, which has helped such services as Spotify and Pandora flourish. But now it seems that they are going to face huge pressure from Apple. Right now, a subscription to Beats Music costs $9.99 a month or $99.99 for 12 months.

Source: FT

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope this isn't one of those apps that you can't delete or whatever. Zero interest in Beats prosucta or services and don't want the app forced onto my iPad in any way. Bleh. :(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope this isn't one of those apps that you can't delete or whatever. Zero interest in Beats prosucta or services and don't want the app forced onto my iPad in any way. Bleh. :(
It'll probably end up as part of the existing music app in the same way that iTunes Radio is right now.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It'll probably end up as part of the existing music app in the same way that iTunes Radio is right now.

And that's fine. Just didn't want some app hanging around that I don't really want and cannot delete. All good.

Most reactions

Latest posts