What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple tech support for My iPad 3

smileyfwb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted to ask for your advice I am considering purchasing the Apple tech support plan to get unlimited tech-support for two years at the cost of $80 what are your suggestions. I purchased my iPad in May and not very computer savvy. What are you thoughts.

TXCheng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you can only purchase AppleCare Plus for a new IPad within 30 days of your purchase. I got this for my IPad. This support for me is more for accidental damage like cracked screen, etc. general software support I never needed, but it could be a benefit to you.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not everywhere has the new AppleCare (with accident insurance). The places that do not have it still offer the older AppleCare, at a somewhat reduced price. You have to pay close attention, since Apple has mostly dropped the Plus from the names of it's AppleCare products.

I don't know if it is worth it. I didn't bother with AppleCare (except with my much more expensive 27" iMac) until it started coming with accident insurance. I'm fairly tech savvy, so I've had little need of tech support, and in my experience a well treated device that does not break in the first year rarely breaks in the second; barring accidents. The extra year of warrantee seemed unlikely to pay off.

There are always exceptions, of course.

Like all insurance, it's a bit of a gamble. Of course, in real gambling you're usually happy to win. ;)

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wanted to ask for your advice I am considering purchasing the Apple tech support plan to get unlimited tech-support for two years at the cost of $80 what are your suggestions. I purchased my iPad in May and not very computer savvy. What are you thoughts.

$80 for just Tech support is a rip-off.
$100 for Apple Care Plus is worth it IMHO.....replacement for accidental damage makes it worthwhile for 2 years

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
$80 for tech support, extends the warrantee to two years, and it could be bought anytime before the one year warrantee expired. Not fantastic, but better than most other extended warrantees; Which I admit, I almost never get.

The new AppleCare is much nicer. No question about that. But there's another $50 to consider if you actually need it, or another $100 if you need it twice. Considering that, it's not quite as cheap as it sounds on the surface. That's only about half off a typical repair cost for an iPad.

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am looking to purchase ipad insurance too not for tech support but for hardware insurance cause i carry this around with me all the time and who knows what might happen after a year ;)

OP
S

smileyfwb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for a GPS app for my ipad 3?

Please advise.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for a GPS app for my ipad 3?

Please advise.

Motion X GPS Drive and Navigon. Navigon has maps you download to your device, so you don't need to use your cellular to get guidance. You might be able to do the same with Motion X but I have not spent much time with it.

Most reactions

Latest posts