1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Apple Stylus!

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Tuttle, May 24, 2012.

1. Tuttle

Tuttle iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
  2. Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    That linked story has a date of Feb. 3, 2011. I'm not sure it could actually be considered "news." I have a standard stylus that works very well on the iPad. Perhaps I'm somewhat out of the loop on what's important to those who are interested in graphics applications.
  3. Tuttle

Tuttle iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    I think that the news story that alerted me to this is actually quite current for it refers to the fact that the patent was just granted recently. I think this story, which I then tracked down, just has a much better discussion of what is in the patent application.

It seems to me that this is a significant sea change for Apple, particularly in light of Steve Jobs's famous declaration about the finger being preferable to the stylus. (No pun intended!)

Here is a link showing the more current importance: http://www.macrumors.com/2012/05/24...ts-with-optical-tracking-and-haptic-feedback/

I believe this is a very important bit of news for anyone who handwrites on the iPad because it seems to promise increased resolution. If you have ever experienced the fat points on conventional styluses, I think you understand the issue!
    Last edited: May 25, 2012