What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple stores getting mass shipment tuesdays

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
can someone tell me how long was it before the first iPad was sitting on shelves?

The iPad sold 3 million units in the first 80 days, and it was backlogged for that entire period. If I remember, it was late July or early August when supply caught up with demand and you could just walk in and get one in the US. It was still launching in foreign markets at the time.

mynameiserich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my iPad this morning. I had one ordered online but have read about concerns with some of the iPad wafers being made in japan, and a possibly delay. I think there may have been a risk of delay on my shipment anyways (and wasn't shipping til April 1st), so I decided to make a move today. I worked last night til 1 am, didn't sleep, drove an hour to the closest apple store at 330, got in line by 445, and was still seventh in line (there was a group of 4 clearly first in line so they could sell them online (later proven by every single one of them buying 2 AT&T versions with $100 bills wrapped in elastics and not wanting them opened to be set up. At 8 when the saleswoman came out she announced they only had 15 iPads. So of course the first group all bought 2, so 8 were gone right there. The people in front of me bought one, and I was left with the option of white 64 gb Verizon for $800+ or 32 gb wifi only in black. I decided to go with the 32gb which I am happy with. It wad the last wifi version available. Finally I drove an hour home and slept about 3.5 hours and am now up and playing with the iPad again. Being up over 24 hours and having a slight cold probably was not the best idea but it was either get in line super early and wait it out, or wait it out online and hope orders didn't get delayed. Just depends on how bad you want it.

Martinm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the same message from my apple store, and will get there by 4am.

Becky15349

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good luck everyone! If u r like me and didn't have an iPad before and want the iPad 2, u r in for some fun :) I got to my Lincoln park apple store last Wednesday at 7:30am and was one of the last folks to get the 64gb 3G, but I'm so happy I went. Love this critter called an iPad!!! So fun!! Will be joining iPad AA soon :)

Becky15349

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mynameiserich said:
Just depends on how bad you want it.

Truth!! I like your determination :) that's kinda what I did too, but didn't have nearly as hard a go of it as you!! Glad you got some sleep :)

Bravesguy1981

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I called a store, called Micro Center, from the suggestion of a friend yesterday at about 10:30 am and asked if they had any iPad 2's in stock and the guy told me yes. They got a shipment in just yesterday morning and started selling the right away and there was like no one there to buy one except me and two other guys. And they got about eight of them.

Most reactions

Latest posts