What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple stores getting mass shipment tuesdays

applemike68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd just like to know when shipments are going to start coming inmasse, not this trickle mess that is happening right now. On a brighter note, I called the Apple store in MD today they did get a new shipment in but sold out within 10 minutes...:( Maybe not so bright...

eyeojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
applemike68 said:
I'd just like to know when shipments are going to start coming inmasse, not this trickle mess that is happening right now. On a brighter note, I called the Apple store in MD today they did get a new shipment in but sold out within 10 minutes...:( Maybe not so bright...

Maybe by May? But then we will be holding out for iPad3...

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The local Apple store confirmed they received a shipment today and will be receiving them daily from here on out. They could not comment on the number of stock received only that they start selling until gone at 9:00am.

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently Apple's Fifth Avenue store is being wiped out by scalpers.

http://http://www.businessinsider.com/ipad-scalpers-new-york-2011-3

Gee, if I could find someone willing to pay me $2K for my white 32g 3G (whenever it arrives), I'd do it in a heartbeat.... providing it was a cash sale, of course.

Link is messed up...

But to add to the point, the steady money in reselling the iPad2 (if you are lucky to get some) seems to be in eBay international sales. I'm seeing just Wifi models going for over a grand and exorbitant shipping costs tacked on.

Not saying I'm going to scalp though.

netsecpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must called the Apple store in Norfolk, VA, the rep told me tha they did not have any right now, but I coils check back tomorrow morning starting after 830.

Heinz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far the information was not credible!!

At the Apple store at Somerset Mall in Troy, Michigan they have a sign saying that they are out of stock, but are getting "daily shipments"! I called every day since last Friday and asked if they had received a shipment and the answer has been consistent: "No" and "They dont tell us when to expect a shipment"!
Whoever they are, the people on the phone are not exactly doing a great communications job. :mad:

pawnslinger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got tired of playing this game...

Okay, I got tired of playing the game... going to the store and finding nothing for sale. So I broke down and ordered online from Apple... April 23rd is projected delivery date.

I am too old to play these games.

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Gee, if I could find someone willing to pay me $2K for my white 32g 3G (whenever it arrives), I'd do it in a heartbeat.... providing it was a cash sale, of course.

Link is messed up...

But to add to the point, the steady money in reselling the iPad2 (if you are lucky to get some) seems to be in international sales. I'm seeing just Wifi models going for over a grand and exorbitant shipping costs tacked on.

Sorry about that. It worked when I checked it. Another try:

iPad Scalpers

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Link is messed up...

But to add to the point, the steady money in reselling the iPad2 (if you are lucky to get some) seems to be in international sales. I'm seeing just Wifi models going for over a grand and exorbitant shipping costs tacked on.

Sorry about that. It worked when I checked it. Another try:

iPad Scalpers

I chuckled at the end of that article. By and large I agree.

If Apple wanted to reduce scalper impact they could just reduce the number purchasable by one person to one as opposed to two. That's $500-$1,000 less a single scalper can make from standing in line.

Dubebone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An apple sales representative told me that apple stores throughout the northeast will get a shipment of 16gb wifi models tomorrow...

Mck22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My store has had ipads everyday since the first day. I think they are releasing small amounts at a time. It is kinda making me upset. I cant go first thing in the morning like they ask.

Dubebone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't sleep tonight and got pissed off with waiting. Right now I am the first person in front of our local Apple store. I am officially insane... But I love it!!

applemike68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to two apple stores in MD and they had a total of 24 between the two. At the MD Columbia, people were in line at 3:45 am per an apple rep. They only had 8, the other MD store had 16 and they were all gone by 9:00.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts