What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Store 3G Reservation Policy

yannerd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reserved two 32Gb 3g WIFi at an apple store on May 2 and just got the email that they are ready to be picked up ......:D

Last edited:

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com
I reserved a 16GB WiFi+3G at the Baybrook Mall store in Webster, TX (Houston) on Friday 05/07/10. When I made the initial reservation I was told it would probably be a 1-2 day wait, when I went in and checked in yesterday they said they didn't know how long the wait would be... I wish now I would have just ordered it online.

tail24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reserved a 16GB WiFi+3G at the Baybrook Mall store in Webster, TX (Houston) on Friday 05/07/10. When I made the initial reservation I was told it would probably be a 1-2 day wait, when I went in and checked in yesterday they said they didn't know how long the wait would be... I wish now I would have just ordered it online.

Me too ordered May 2 from Providence Place Mall Apple Store in RI they said it would be the quickest way to get one, most likely 2-3 days and 7 at most. Well I figured I would have it by monday because lack of shipping on sundays no luck. Call yesterday they were so rude. Just kept saying you will know when you get the email, I cant tell you anything else. I was like well have you gotten any in today yet? "If yours came in you would have gotten an email". Can you tell me how far I am down the list I am? "No you will know when you get the email that it is ready and you will have 24 hours to come get it."

Should have just ordered on line then at least I could tell when its shipped and what number my order is and what not.

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered on May 2nd and mine is stuck on Prepared for shipment for the last 2 days. Says it should be delivered May 11-15. Does Fed Ex deliver on Saturday???

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered for my daughter on May 1 online, and received it May 11, a day earlier than the tracking stated.

leclezio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ve make a reservation in the apple store (westchester / NY) one week agao (monday 3 may). Today: always no news !!!! Do you know how long it can takes? When I call the apple store .... they don't care !!!!

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woo hoo, my ipad is in Hong Kong with a delivery date of Monday, May 17th. When I ordered my accessories, they actually came early. I originally ordered everything on May 2nd. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.......

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com
I'm still waiting for my in-store pickup email nine days in. Also, it seems the Apple Reserve and Pickup link is broken. I've tried going through the form on three different computers, four different browsers and my cell phone but I can't get past the store selection. I started trying about 48 hours ago to no avail... can anyone else make it through the process?

4TKFX.png

After I choose the store, the product tab comes up but never fills. This is the same in IE and Firefox. In Google Chrome I can't even get past the choose a store tab, because once you choose the state the store drop down never populates. Can anyone else get this to work?

Sal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried that site and got the same thing that you did. It wouldn't complete so I guess the site is broken. 5/15 4:20PM EST.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I appreciate the frustration of those who have to wait on their iPads, but what do you really expect the store reps to say? They have no way of knowing when an individual iPad gets there. And with the demand, I expect that orders are taking longer and longer to fulfill. I would surmise that X% of all iPads are being reserved for the rollout in the rest of the world. It may be a long time before the stck starts to catch up with the demand. And it appears that the screens are going to be a big bottle neck for a while.

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com
I'm still waiting for my in-store pickup email nine days in. Also, it seems the Apple Reserve and Pickup link is broken. Can anyone else get this to work?

I can get the Reserve and Pickup page to work on a Mac, but it only allows you to reserve ipods, iphones, macbooks, macbook pros, imacs and mac pros. No ipad.

I talked to a sales rep at the Apple store today and she said that you can only reserve the iPad online in the store... not sure if they enter a code in first or if they are just on an accepted subnet. So that explains that. I also had her check my place in line, which she did even though the store was packed... and she said I was still "quite a ways" down the list. She couldn't give me an estimated time frame because of the sporadic shipment days, quantities and selections.

It is frustrating because when I first signed up the guy told me 24-72 hours was the average wait, and here I am nine days later with no end in sight. I'd purchase one online and wish for either that one or the in-store pickup to come in first, but I am buying mine with a gift card... and with my luck I'd buy it online and they'd notify me of in store pickup the next day. If the guy wouldn't have given me bad information at the time of my reservation I would have just ordered online and forgotten about it.

CPMS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my in-store pickup email nine days in. Also, it seems the Apple Reserve and Pickup link is broken. Can anyone else get this to work?

I can get the Reserve and Pickup page to work on a Mac, but it only allows you to reserve ipods, iphones, macbooks, macbook pros, imacs and mac pros. No ipad.

I talked to a sales rep at the Apple store today and she said that you can only reserve the iPad online in the store... not sure if they enter a code in first or if they are just on an accepted subnet.

This is correct. You need to get on a machine in an actual store to do the reservation. Sorry about your 9 day wait, I recently got mine via the reserve list and I ended up waiting 8 days so hopefully your order will get filled soon. If it makes you feel better the store rep also told me that the wait had been "a couple of days" when I put my reservation in. I guess demand is still growing and supplies aren't keeping up. The international roll-out isn't going to help...:(

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
^I placed my reservation last Saturday and the iPad arrived on Thursday, which was quicker than I expected. the rep in the store said he pretty much had no idea how long it would take, as he had no info on quantities or ship times.

Most reactions