What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Starts Selling Refurbished iPads Online

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

AppleInsider has spotted that Apple has started selling refurbished iPads with a $50 discount in its online US store. At present only refurbished Wi-Fi-only models are available, with the Wi-Fi +3G versions listed as "out of stock".
As usual when Apple sells refurbished items, the refurbished iPads have a one-year limited warranty and the option to buy the AppleCare Protection Plan.

AppleInsider points out that this is the first time since the iPad went on sale in April that Apple has had refurbished units available, and the fact that they have now been made available seems to tie in with the fact that the new units are also now much more readily available, with waiting times cut right down.

With Best Buy expanding iPad stock to all its stores, and other major US retailers rumoured to be on the verge of stocking the iPad, it's starting to look as if there's never been a better time to get yourself an iPad if you don't already have one, and there's bound to be more of a shortage before the holiday season, so why not take the plunge now and get in ahead of the end-of-year rush?

Source: AppleInsider

lprmcnit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is interesting info, though i wonder if I am alone in thinking that a $50 discount isn't much for taking a "refurbished" device.....I assume you mean that the $50 is off full retail.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With Best Buy expanding iPad stock to all its stores, and other major US retailers rumoured to be on the verge of stocking the iPad, it's starting to look as if there's never been a better time to get yourself an iPad if you don't already have one, and there's bound to be more of a shortage before the holiday season, so why not take the plunge now and get in ahead of the end-of-year rush?
Actually, if I didn't have one by now, I'd probably go ahead and wait for the next gen, as it seems pretty likely it will debut in 6-7 months.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is interesting info, though i wonder if I am alone in thinking that a $50 discount isn't much for taking a "refurbished" device.....I assume you mean that the $50 is off full retail.

Same thoughts. 50$ only?!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
"Actually if I didn't have one by now, I'd probably go ahead and wait for the next gen, as it seems pretty likely it will debut in 6-7 months."

Actually so pleased with mine I'm buying another next week for my daughters. Hopefully that will give me more time with this one........

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
I often buy refurbished stuff. But $50 doesn't seem that much. I bought my wife's kindle over the summer and it was $80 off a $189 product. (I knew at the time they were within a couple months of putting the new kindle out but the price was great.)

Most reactions