What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Smart Cover

jblum315

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Smart Cover does not put my ipad to sleep as it's supposed to. I've put it on correctly, but the ipad does not go to sleep when it's closed?

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you been to general settings and made sure the iPad cover lock/unlock setting is on?

nixdelra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing is happening to me. Working fine til a few days ago. It stopped going into sleep and I did not touch any settings

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a power-off, power-on reset of the iPad (i.e. not just putting the iPad to 'sleep'). It fixes a whole load of 'issues'.

Tim

nixdelra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried that full-off thing, also tried to do a restore via iTunes. What I've not done is a full restore to brand new which I would like to avoid.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - one last suggestion - a reboot.

Turn the iPad off, then press Power and Home together until the white Apple logo appears - it might take a while - the iPad will reboot.

Tim

nixdelra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No dice. Didn't work. I think it's that peek clock app thing I installed but removed soon afterwards.

nixdelra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. I bought it in an apple store and have only installed apps from AppStore and have not done anything else to it. This is getting frustrating. The app is called peek clock, I just made a bad review on iTunes, sorry to the maker but I'm getting frustrated.

nixdelra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, did a full restore to "as new" and smart cover lock still does not work. I hate that program. All messed up because of you...and now can't log into my mobile me acct using my apple Id so I can activate find my iPhone.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, did a full restore to "as new" and smart cover lock still does not work. I hate that program. All messed up because of you...and now can't log into my mobile me acct using my apple Id so I can activate find my iPhone.

make a reservation with the apple store online.

could be just the cover.

was gonna suggest a backup before you return it, but since you restored, you should have a backup.

nixdelra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do I reserve? Sorry, in my frustrated mode, I'm kind of not thinking straight. An iPad cover?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do I reserve? Sorry, in my frustrated mode, I'm kind of not thinking straight. An iPad cover?

I usually make a reservation online to speak to a genius, it's like making an appointment, for a certain time.
But you can make one in-store and hope to get 1 immediately, if not the wait time ranges on how busy they are, because other people made theirs online beforehand, and showing up.

You look on apple.com, for genius bar reservations, and sign in with your apple id, and follow instructions.

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poser said:
I usually make a reservation online to speak to a genius, it's like making an appointment, for a certain time.
But you can make one in-store and hope to get 1 immediately, if not the wait time ranges on how busy they are, because other people made theirs online beforehand, and showing up.

You look on apple.com, for genius bar reservations, and sign in with your apple id, and follow instructions.

Best answer..!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts