What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Slate?

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Slashgear publishes an article and a neat little picture of the device many people hoped the iPad should have been.

Judging from the picture the screen looks smaller but that might be from the text size on the display and the presence of the huge keyboard. Note also the difference in the surrounding bezel and the aspect ratio of the display that is longer...
Of course this could all be graphic fabrication...

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Probably a developement model though my eyes can no longer be bothered to check for photoshopping (do too much of it myself :)).

Davis Burns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Iavn, pls remove the moving red dot!

You've managed to put one of the most annoying visual distractions on a user's forum. Moving, flashing popups ought to be outlawed. I'm not fond of those emotions either. Just remember those moving flashing lights annoy some people and give others seizures.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's one heckuva first post Davis Burns! You're on your way to making a lot of friends on this forum. And for the record, iVan's signature graphic is perfectly acceptable on this forum and you will see several other members using the same graphic, even another Super Moderator!

OP
iVan

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You've managed to put one of the most annoying visual distractions on a user's forum. Moving, flashing popups ought to be outlawed. I'm not fond of those emotions either. Just remember those moving flashing lights annoy some people and give others seizures.

Glad I caught someone's attention... So, do you think Apple will make a tablet?:D

Btw that siggie is getting on my nerves too!:p

Thanks for taking my defense, Scott, you're a good friend!;)

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Apple at least for the time being is going to stick to the iPad as being a device between a phone and a laptop.... I don't think they are going to create a full OS tablet just because it would be bulky,slow and they are more than happy to let windows flood that market. Why not get a MacBook air?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hehe, retro post. I do wish there was a collection of pre-iPad rumors so that we could go back and laugh.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, but even lately on the heels of the new MBA people are still chaseing the dream of a apple "slate":D

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I heard that the new iPhone 4 will have a double resolution display and the new Macs will use intel processors!

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard they where going to have more cameras.......

d2213f8a.png

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard now that Apple's net worth ($222 Billion) is greater than Microsoft's ($219 Billion), Steve Jobs has enough money to buy Microsoft and finally put that age old question of who has the better operating system to rest.

Most reactions