What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Set to Launch 10.5-inch iPad Pro at Special Event in Early April

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Apple to launch 10.5 inch iPad pro in April.JPG

According to a new report on DigiTimes, via MacRumors, Apple is set to launch a 10.5-inch iPad Pro at a special event that will be held in early April to “mark the inauguration” of the new Apple Park campus. The campus is definitely due to open in April, but it’s not known whether or not the Steve Jobs Theater will be open by then.

Although DigiTimes previously said that the 10.5-inch iPad Pro would not be on sale until May or June, DigiTimes’s sources in Apple’s supply chain now say that Apple has “moved ahead the production” of the tablet in question.

Of course there have been several conflicting rumours over recent weeks about what iPads Apple is about to announce, and when. Other recent rumours have speculated that Apple would be holding a special event to announce the new iPads sometime in March, but that is now looking less and less likely to happen as we get further and further into the month.

Source: Apple Rumored to Unveil 10.5-Inch iPad Pro at Early April Event

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I want one!!! :)

Well, we're crossing threads on release of a 'new' 9.7" iPad Pro (2) & the presumed 10.5" 'new' model - I've already made comments in the other post - I'd like to replace my iPad Air 2 w/ an updated iPad Pro, so should I go w/ a proven 9.7" screen display which is likely trust-worthy or opt for the new 10.5" display which is a new release - I stated in my response in the other thread - should I be a 'first adopter' to this new model or wait for reviews? Dave :)

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, we're crossing threads on release of a 'new' 9.7" iPad Pro (2) & the presumed 10.5" 'new' model - I've already made comments in the other post - I'd like to replace my iPad Air 2 w/ an updated iPad Pro, so should I go w/ a proven 9.7" screen display which is likely trust-worthy or opt for the new 10.5" display which is a new release - I stated in my response in the other thread - should I be a 'first adopter' to this new model or wait for reviews? Dave :)
I might come across as sounding like a fanboy here but I think Apple is usually pretty reliable with their products, even when they are brand new designs. I had the iPad Pro half a month after it hit the market and it had no problems and to be honest I've never had a serious problem with any iPad since the original in 2010... That's not to say that there haven't been issues for others people and maybe I've just been lucky but I trust Apple a little bit more than some other companies out there. But I agree, it is always a concern as an early adopter. Then again, there's always the return policy and/or warranty...

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh my gosh the iPad gets bigger once again.

Lol! Bigger than the 9.7 but smaller than the 12.9" iPad... it's all in how you look at it I guess... but the promise of a new design is what has me curious, not the size.

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Plus, if it's the same size as the 9.7 just with a bigger screen due to smaller bezels then is it really bigger? Lol! I would say no... IMO of course...

Most reactions