What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Said to be Definitely Working on TV Set

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
64-albums3-picture156.JPG

The Wall Street Journal has today reported that it now looks as though Apple is definitely working on its own branded TV set. This is one of those stories that has been bubbling under for quite a while now, probably for at least a year, if not more. Recently the rumour surfaced again with Tim Cook hinting that Apple is turning its attention more to the corner of the living room where the TV sits, and now, according to today’s report, Apple is said to be working with component suppliers in Asia on testing various television set designs, and more specifically, designs for “a large-screen high-definition set.†The Wall Street Journal’s sources said that Hon Hai Precision (Foxconn) has been working with Sharp in Japan on designing the Apple television set for several months, although they cautioned not to expect anything in the near future, saying, “It isn’t a formal project yet. It is still in the early stage of testing.â€[/FONT] From past experience, once The Wall Street Journal starts reporting on a potential Apple product in this way, you can pretty much bank on it being fact.

[FONT=&amp]Source:[/FONT] Apple Moves Closer to Making TV Set - WSJ.com
via BGR

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was reading yesterday that buyers would be prepared to pay a premium for an Apple branded TV.

Hope we don't have to wait too long. The home computer is fast becoming the hub of home entertainment systems. It only makes sense for television to become part of the Apple experience.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now if Apple will come out with an iToilet we'd be set.

No, then people would complain that their files went in the crapper. Or they'd complain that the whole thing just stinks. I hope they add a lot of moisture detectors!

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm down with this. Being a Pioneer plasma owner, it's been hard for me to find a comparably performing set to replace my KURO with. Nothing measures up or does it for me. I hope they make a 70" model that perform at a high level. I'd seriously consider one.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My concern with apple is will they make a tv or will they make a device that hooks into their store?

I want a device for viewing content...and right now, the best content comes from bluray. I have a hard time with downloads....I only download movies I don't plan to own (ok, there are a lot of those), but I fear they will attempt to block that. Also, what exactly will they put in the tv? A Mac mini? I might be down with that as long as they don't force me to buy their content. Leave me options, and iTunes can be one of them, but don't lock me into or out of something. And yes, make that joker 70+ inches with deep black levels.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
My concern with apple is will they make a tv or will they make a device that hooks into their store?

I want a device for viewing content...and right now, the best content comes from bluray. I have a hard time with downloads....I only download movies I don't plan to own (ok, there are a lot of those), but I fear they will attempt to block that. Also, what exactly will they put in the tv? A Mac mini? I might be down with that as long as they don't force me to buy their content. Leave me options, and iTunes can be one of them, but don't lock me into or out of something. And yes, make that joker 70+ inches with deep black levels.

Most likely.... But the tv would be nice. They would have to allow external cable service, no?? Otherwise, I wouldn't be interested in iTunes as a cable provider as it would be more expensive.

Sent from my Black 64GB iPod touch Fifth Generation using iPF

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Most likely.... But the tv would be nice. They would have to allow external cable service, no?? Otherwise, I wouldn't be interested in iTunes as a cable provider as it would be more expensive.

Sent from my Black 64GB iPod touch Fifth Generation using iPF

Yeah, iCable just doesn't have a good ring to it, does it? :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, iCable just doesn't have a good ring to it, does it? :)

No, it doesn't!!! They'll try it though. Lol.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts