What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Rolls Out iOS 8.1.3 with Bug Fixes & Storage Size Requirement Reduction for Updates

Nepheler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
great will check the update later. Uh really want the update file could be much smaller

Wendy#2015

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twerppoet I will try that sometime today and see if it stops the problem. It's a pain, I go to check email then poof it's crashing ....very annoying!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Twerppoet I will try that sometime today and see if it stops the problem. It's a pain, I go to check email then poof it's crashing ....very annoying!

Good luck. If that does not work try going through your inbox using another method, like the website (if your provider has one) and deleting the unimportant stuff. Especially junk mail. Sometimes a corrupted email will cause problems. You may have to delete and re-add the account one more time after, to purge that email from the iPad.

We've been through this before, and while my theory of what's going on is unproven, it still seems to work; most of the time.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Everything I was having trouble with was fixed bu the new update. But I think there is a new bug. Sometimes when I am in the home screen my wallpaper suddenly turns black. It goes away when I open an app or close my iPad. Is anyone else experiencing this?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never had that happen in over 3 years. It can't be too common since you're the first to report this.
What happens if you just let the iPad sit? Will the background stay black?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Everything I was having trouble with was fixed bu the new update. But I think there is a new bug. Sometimes when I am in the home screen my wallpaper suddenly turns black. It goes away when I open an app or close my iPad. Is anyone else experiencing this?

If it persists, try re-applying your wallpaper in Settings > Wallpaper. When you set a wallpaper iOS does some stuff to the image file before it tucks it away for use. It's possible this data has become corrupted so the perspective feature is misbehaving.

You could also try turning off Perspective Zoom in settings to see if that makes a difference.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All good here with the update. Nothing feels any faster or neccesarily better. No news is usually good news with updates though, LOL.

Most reactions

Latest posts