Apple Responds to European Commission Accusation of Billions in Unpaid Taxes

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by dgstorm, Sep 30, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm
    Expand Collapse
    Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

When it rains it pours sometimes. While Apple has seen phenomenal success with sales of their iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus phones reaching 10 Million easily in just a few days of release, they have still run into some speed bumps as well. From a bad iOS 8.0.1 update to the silly "bendgate" media frenzy, it seems like everyone is piling on Apple all of a sudden. According to the latest news, even the tax man is after Apple!

According to the latest reports, Apple is in trouble with the European Commission for a form of tax evasion to the tune of as much as $8 Billion dollars. Basically, the EC is accusing Apple of working out tax agreements in Ireland in the early 1990s and late 2000s which “confer an advantage on Apple” that breaks European tax laws.

Here's a quote with some of the details from the EC,

Apple disagrees with this assessment and has repeatedly denied they broke any laws or rules. Here's a quote with their response,

It's definitely a sticky situation. What do you think the result will be?

Source: BGR

2. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I would like to see all companies simply pay their proper taxes and that's that. No more loopholes, no more off shoring, no more fancy accounting. My paycheck gets blasted each pay period and there isn't a darned thing I can do about it. It's not just apple either but they do seem to be very good at keeping money away from the taxman.

3. LeCaid

LeCaid
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I agree wholeheartedly, but as a realist, I believe this will never happen as long as there are politicians, our "representatives", walking this earth.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk